SAO Pages

Friday, May 1, 2009

Rain, Fish, and One Heck of a Man!

Do you ever find yourself with individuals who inspire you?  Well, on this day, my client was one of those.  Not only was he very accomplished in his field of expertise, but I could take this gentleman anywhere....and trust me, we did some bushwhacking today!

Nate hails all the way from sunny Florida and is no stranger to fishing on the fly.  His third time with us, this was the first time I had the pleasure of fishing with him.  

Throughout the day, I heard stories of Atlantic Salmon, Snook, Bonefish, Tarpon, Coho, Kings, and the list goes on and on.

As we hooked up time after time and did our best to stay dry on a rainy day, the conversation was rich with stories, lessons learned and being learned (from the Steelhead), and thoughts of how blessed we were to be on the water as opposed to working :)

Here are a few brief shots from our day....

"DOC" GETS THE DAY STARTED WITH A NICE FISH

PREPPING TO REVIVE THE FISH FOR RELEASE

DESPITE THE RAIN, "DOC" STAYED IN THE GAME

At the end of the day as we were walking the trail back to the truck, I asked Doc how old he was as I was admiring his ability to give so much.  I mean, if I could be honest, I was tired and he was hanging right with me.  Doc smiled and said, I'm 70!  I think Doc will vouch for me when I proclaimed, "I just hope I can see the river when I'm 70!"

One thing is for sure, Doc is the real deal and can hang with the best.  In fact as I write this, he is on the water for day two with John Clouser.  I'm  sure he is making as big an impact on John as he did me!

We are still fishing hard and enjoying every minute.  Steelhead are still around in force and Smallmouth Bass are cranking with 3-5 lb fish coming regularly.

If you are interested in fishing, give us a shout!

Until Next Time, 

Patrick "Flybum" Robinson
Head Guide
Steelhead Alley Outfitters

No comments: